Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Smell of Puke in the Morning

So--obviously we haven't posted in a while. Mostly because we are crazy exhausted and overwhelmed, but also because I don't really know where to begin. I feel like I should write down all my feelings about Isaac coming home, but since I don't have the emotional energy whenever I have a minute, I just put off writing anything. (Just know that we are beside ourselves happy and content with having our boy home. It's been crazy, but worth every bit.) So--I'll get to that aspect another day and instead deal with our cold hard reality--in a word: Puke.

Puke? Yes, puke. Or if you'd rather, vomit, upchuck, spit-up (HA!) wretching, cookie tossing--whatever you like. Essentially--our lives right now are centered around the fact that Isaac has some awful Reflux. He's on medication and we basically have to keep him upright 24/7 but he still pukes on us regularly. Just so you know it's not baby spit up type throwing up but exorcist shoot across the room type of stuff.

Frankly--it's awesome. It's gross obviously, but we're mostly just amused by it. It's kind of entertaining to watch--not so much so on the cleaning up part. There was one morning this week where the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and I was thinking, "What a lovely morning--I can almost smell the springtime." And then I got a nice whiff of the soaking bucket full of puke clothes.

I wouldn't be so glib about it if it was more serious--it may become so in the future, but right now it's more of an annoyance than anything. If he's puking so much he stops gaining weight, then we'll have a problem.

No comments: