Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yay! I found a computer at the hospital. We have a laptop, but the wireless capability broke a long time ago when Jaska dropped it on the bus (not his fault).

One of my laments is that I cannot write more of the day to day happenings of our lives in the hospital. By the time I have time to sit down to write, I only have the time and energy for the biggest most pressing things--like pictures :) (I promise--soon. He is the cutest thing ever and such a big boy now).

I just finished feeding him. He's been having all kinds of issues with feeding lately. He's got some mad reflux which is fun if you're partial to kid vomit all over you (and the screaming is fun too). Yummy. He's also super gassy--which for those with babies, you know how unhappy everyone is when that happens. We (in otherwords--me) are in the process of trying to figure out what is causing it. As long as Isaac is gaining weight, the docs don't seem all that concerned as to whether he is super fussy or screaming or won't eat well. It's very frustrating and just makes me want out of here even more so I can figure it out.

Despite his eating issues, Isaac has been gaining weight the last couple of days. The plan as of now is to give him until Thursday. If he's still gaining weight then he'll be taken off the O2 for a few days. If he does well and still gains weight then he can go home without the O2. Otherwise, he'll go home with it. Either way, it looks like Sunday or Monday is the day. That's of course assuming no other issues pop up. I'm not holding my breath (ha. ha.)

The only things I can imagine would postpone him from going home is if he needs hernia surgery, or if he has some sort of G.I. problem that is causing his discomfort beyond gas.

We'll keep ya'll posted.

No comments: