Friday, September 07, 2007

July 11, 2007

Drumroll please..... Isaac had his Pulmonary visit this past Friday and was given the green light to be taken off O2 during the day. Yahoooooooo! What this means really is that whenever he is awake, he can be tether-free (he still needs it to sleep). He is actually a pretty good napper and still sleeps much of the day, but it does give me a 1-2 hour block of time a couple times a day to go run errands or go play without the blasted O2 tank. Ahhhhh...

I didn't realize how cumbersome it really was until now. I feel so light and free. :) We made an excursion to Trader Joe's yesterday without the O2 and while we were walking around the store, I was thinking--"Hmm...something feels different..what is it? Oh! I know--everyone isn't STARING at us!"

Wherever we have gone for the last 2 months, we get stared at. I totally understand why--people are naturally drawn to little babies, and one with O2 draws more attention. However, I prefer to be invisible most of the time--especially when I'm dragging my two crazy kids around and usually looking less than my best.

It was so-oh-oh nice to be able to just go to the store. So fabulous. Plus Isaac looked so totally handsome without his tube and was positively flirting he was so happy to be without it.

He is hovering at just under 10 lbs and is still doing great. He's happier more often than not and is a great sleeper as long as he's in his bed :). Right now--I'll take it--at least he's sleeping. He loves Jonah and gets so excited when we talk to him and he wiggles and talks right back. He's even venturing out to give smiles to perfect strangers! Who is this kid? :)

We still have some bumps in the road--despite how awesome he is doing, he definitely has some special needs and requires more care and attention than a full-term baby would. We do our best to take it in stride though--it's easier when we focus on how well he's done since coming home. He clearly loves being with us.

No comments: