Wednesday, September 05, 2007

On Second Thought...

After giving it some thought, I decided I wasn't ready to say goodbye to this blog. I guess I was thinking that it would be gratuitous to have this blog and our family blog once Isaac came home. In some ways that is true. But there are too many things I find myself wanting to say as I deal with the aftermath of all of this.

We're still dealing with our emotions on this one. A friend pointed out to me that people need to know what happens after a preemie comes home. I guess since Isaac has done so well for the most part, I didn't know how to approach that.

Our family has some baggage. I guess you can't go through something this traumatic and not. There are days when I just sob. Days when my heart is so light, I'm surprised my feet don't just lift up off the ground. Days when it takes every amount of energy and presence of mind I possess--just to get out of bed.

Since blogging seems to be my therapy of choice, there's been so many things I want to say and it just makes sense to say them here. Mostly though, I want to give anyone following our story updates on Isaac. I have come across people who have read this blog or recommended it to others based on a shared experience of having a preemie in their lives. I want them to know the rest of the story.

I will pull in a few posts from our family blog starting in May when Isaac came home and then continue from there as we feel the need to update.

No comments: