Friday, April 27, 2007


Happy Birthday Isaac! Today is Isaac's due date. I have mixed feelings about this--but mostly I am ecstatic that he's here and doing so well.

It's too weird for me to wrap my brain around the fact that if things had been different, we would just be getting ready to bring a baby home--not really knowing who he is yet. We would just be meeting our little guy, instead of totally madly in love with him like we already are. His name would certainly not have been Isaac. I'm sure he would have been a lot bigger than the 5 lbs 13 oz that he is (Jonah was 8 lbs 15 oz).

Regardless, I really believe that despite all of this, Isaac is Isaac and is the same little guy he would have been born full term. If he can be such a little sweetheart after all he has been through, then regular life shouldn't change that. Lucky us for being able to get to know him so much earlier than most. He rocks.

No comments: