Sunday, April 22, 2007

I am trying to keep up with our pictures and video despite the obvious lack of time. I'm currently uploading all our video from the last 4 months into the computer. I love to make DVD's of our home videos, edit them, put them to music, all kinds of goodies.

Right now I'm watching our video of Christmas. It's totally freaking me out. It's so incredibly bizarre to me that there we are, enjoying our gifts, eating our cereal, making stupid comments, completely oblivious to what is about to happen to us. There we are, completely unaware that in two hours our lives will be turned completely upside down.

I wish I could go back and give myself a hug and say, "Get ready honey--you are in for a bumpy ride." So so so bizarre.

Isaac is the champion. I think I will edit some footage of him coming home and set it to the Chariots of Fire theme song--or maybe some Queen--"We are the Champions" :) He should go on a baby motivational speaking tour--he's a total professional now.

I will never take anything that Isaac can do for granted. Everything will be a miracle to me. What a gift that is. Of course, as parents, we already think everything our kids do is genius.

Isaac is 5 lbs 9 oz. He's taking all of his food by mouth and they removed his feeding tube. Tomorrow is a big day for him. Pulmonology is coming to do a consultation regarding his breathing status. They are going to give him a stress test to see if he is ready to come off of the O2 completely. Basically, all they do is take him off the O2 and make him mad to see is he desats. Based on his behavior as of late, my guess is that he will desat. (He desats when he's on the O2 when he's mad)

Pulmonology will give their recommendations as to what to do next. They may want to try to wean him in the NICU before sending him home, wean him across the street at the Children's Hospital as part of their breathing program, or just send him home on O2 and do the weaning there. We'll see. It will be nice to have a plan. We're totally pushing to have him sent home on the O2. I can handle maybe another week if they want to try to wean him at the hospital, but I'm not sure I can last much longer--especially if the only reason he's still in the hospital is because he needs O2. It's totally manageable at home.

If they do send him home on O2, Jaska and I have to go through all this training to make sure that we know what to do. I'm not sure how long that will take or how extensive it is. There's a really good chance he can come home this weekend though, depending on what pulmonology says.

I am getting so antsy I am ready to jump out of my skin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a miracle he has been. And how blessed we are to have him and Jonah. We love you all very much.
Mummi and Ukki