Monday, April 30, 2007




March of Dimes Walk America 2007

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You for your donations! You have helped us raise $1500 so far for the March of Dimes. We are so touched by your generosity, thoughts and prayers.

We had such a good experience walking as a family. I didn't expect it to be an emotional experience for me, but it was. I kept getting choked up as I watched the hundreds and hundreds of people walk and cheer and celebrate. People who care about this cause as much as we do. What an amazing thing.

I have been amazed throughout the last four months how many people have a story. Just about everyone we meet knows a preemie or someone who's had a preemie. I had no idea it was so prevalent and so serious. Prematurity is the number one killer of babies. Number one. In the last twenty years, the rate of premature birth has increased almost 31 percent. Something is wrong. Donating to the March of Dimes helps discover what is causing this and literally saves lives.

I've come across the debate several times as to whether as a society we should be saving babies born as early as Isaac. I have my own complicated feelings on that matter, but I think spending so much time debating the shoulds is missing the point. We should be debating the whys and prevent it in the first place. Please believe me when I tell you, that spending four months in the NICU is a special kind of hell and one that no parent or child should experience.

Thank you again for supporting us in this cause. There are so many things worth fighting for--obviously this one is closest to our hearts right now, so thank you.

If you missed out on the walk--catch us again next year! God Bless.

No comments: